Thursday 16 January 2014

Frozen Film Review

Frozen, a Walt Disney Production, was released recently in the cinema box office.  It is created by the makers of Tangled and Wreck-It-Ralph and I knew for sure that I could never miss out this opportunity to watch it in the cinemas. I was fortunate enough to go see it and, in all honesty, it was the best Disney film I had ever seen.

I was deeply stricken by the plot of this film. It was nowhere near to what I had expected would happen. The plot was fairly simple and unexpected. Queen Elsa of Arendelle is cursed with magical powers that no one knows about. She faces great consequences to try and hide it. Anna, Queen Elsa’s sister, a very cheerful girl, longs to reconnect with her sister after she shut everyone out but causes tragedy as Elsa’s powers are revealed. She decides to escape Arendelle hoping everyone will be safe without her, but doesn’t realise she’s made a big mistake.
Anna sets out on a dangerous journey to find her sister, unravels mysteries and re unites with a snowman she built with her sister when they were young. His name is Olaf, and he likes warm hugs! He is simply my favourite character in the film. Olaf is dumb, but very kind-hearted and made me laugh throughout the whole film! They set out determined and never gave up on the quest to search for Elsa and save their kingdom.  
Idina Menzel, who plays the voice of Elsa, recently received an Oscar for ‘Best Original Song’. She sang ‘Let It Go’ in the film and I, myself, fell in love with the song. Originally sung by Demi Lovato, it has already sparked nearly 45 million views on YouTube.
Idina told Entertainment Weekly that “This is definitely a dream come true for me. I’m happy for the movie, I’m happy to be a part of the whole thing, and to have a song that really resonates with people is just beyond.”
Here are the main actors, who played the voices of the characters in the film:
-Idina Menzel Queen Elsa
-Kristen Bell Princess Anna
- Josh Gad Olaf the Snowman
-Jonathan Groff Kristoff
-Santino Fantana Prince Hans
Frozen is something completely new for the Disney productions. It’s a film about sisterhood, and the first Disney film ever to teach girls that they don’t need a man to save them. I was touched by the ending, nothing that I had expected, but was one of the most heart-warming endings of a Disney film.
I hope you enjoy the film as much as I did! I highly recommend it for anyone out there; it’s a great family movie with an incredible Plot Twist.
Zakia Nissar, 
year 9

You can watch the movie trailer for Frozen here: